International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Saturday, November 18, 2006
French Canadian Delight

When I was 17, I spent the summer in Québec, paid for by the Canadian Government's Summer Language Bursary Program. I improved my French skills, which I have since lost almost completely, learned a lot about myself and my country, and discovered an amazing meal/treat:

Poutine. French Fries, beef gravy, and cheese curds. Looks disgusting, tastes amazing- like Canadian nachos. For a country that so often struggles with its identity, I bring you a truly Canadian food. Should you ever find yourself in Québec, the best can be found at Chez Ashton. (Add smoked meat, and it becomes a Dulton!)
posted by Meg at 3:18 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger kent said...

I'm so glad you posted this. It looks so good that I want to make it right now. If only I could find cheese curds.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

it's all about the curds- they should squeak between your teeth.


Mmm.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home