International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Thursday, November 09, 2006
Pigeon

Summoning up the courage to eat a bird that has the same reputation for cleanliness as a dumpster is easier said than done. I guess Egyptians are lucky to not have the same conception of pigeons that North Americans do, because they don't seem to have any problem chowing down on the disease-infested fowl.

There isn't much meat on these birds. And the taste is similar to that of, you guessed it, chicken. I don't see myself eating too many more of these birds...they're just not what I would call appetizing.
posted by kent at 6:03 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger nicholas said...

Leaving the feet on was an interesting presentation choice.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Blanka said...

Come to Slovakia, they are everywhere. Hmmm perhaps I can start a pigeon exporting business. You interested?

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home