International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Sunday, January 14, 2007
Christmas Eve Dinner

Which of the items on the plate does not belong?

Potato Salad definitely does. The sausage looks correct. But the green thing, aka salmon, was a surprise to me. The last thing I expected to see in the depths of the Thuringen forest was a fish that is to Canada what Bratwurst is to Germany. Perhaps future Christmas Eve dinners in Canada should feature the German sausage talked about so much in my last few posts. Problem is, where am I going to get good ones without having to import?

In the background, you see a bottle of Krombacher Pils. Not a bad brew, and definitely good with potato salad.

Speaking of that, it was the best potato salad I'd ever had...and I hate potato salad. This version was so simple, I balked when told what was in it. Too bad I don't remember how to make it...maybe it was the beer? Regardless, I polished off three or four portions.

Interestingly, though, there is a bit of a feud in the family as to who makes the best potato salad. I didn't get a chance to try the other one, but I vowed not to pass judgement on either to avoid getting into a wee bit of hot water.
posted by kent at 5:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home