International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Friday, January 12, 2007
Experimental Cooking – Chilli and Orange Chicken



I decided to try an …interesting marinade with my chicken this evening. Having a spare orange lying around with some chilli sauce I decided to slice up the orange and mix in a bit of orange juice with the chilli sauce.

It didn’t work out too bad actually, but quite a strange thing happened while I was cooking it… I covered the chicken in the orange slices when I put it in the oven, and after the usual cooking time, the meat was still basically raw… It was only after removing the orange slices that it cooked…

Anyways, it didn’t turn out too bad, the sweet and spicy mix worked quite well, and the marinade kept the meat nice and moist…
posted by ryan101 at 9:52 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger kent said...

Maybe you've found yourself some super-heat-absorbing oranges. My advice would be to stick them to the bottom of your feet and walk across hot coals.

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've already walked on hot coals for charity. No need for heat-resistant oranges.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home