International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Wednesday, January 10, 2007
The Great Thuringen Bratwurst
Up-close and Personal

A litte mustard?

I'm not sure what else I can say about bratwursts. They are the quintessential German food and are most definitely better in Germany. Shown above is the product from Thuringen...the home of the bratwurst.

The first time I bit into one, I burnt my tongue. It was a pleasant pain, though, because the meat was just so good. And then what seemed to be an air raid siren went off. It was loud and freaked the hell out of me. I thought maybe the Soviets were coming to bomb or something. Turns out that it's actually a fire alarm and they sound it once a week.

posted by kent at 7:53 AM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sound the fire alarm in my hometown twice a day- at 12noon and again at 6:00pm. Lets us know that it's time to eat.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These sausage posts are killing me. I LOVE sausages!! I live in a virtually sausage-free town (though the Doukhobor borscht is incredible here).

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To stop feeling killed, go and find a sausage to suck :)

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home