International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Made in Germany
"Germans know how to eat." -Me

I have spent the past 13 days furiously stuffing my face with the best that Germany has to offer. What luck, then, that I ended up in Thuringen: the home of the bratwurst. But I did more than eat the exquisite stuffed pig intestines. Rye bread, schnitzel, potato dumplings, rostbratl, raw ground pork, cheese, ham...I consumed it all. In large quantities.

At no point during my trip was I hungry for more than 25 minutes. Sometimes I was sat down at the table with a cake spread that rivalled the Cheesecake Cafe. During the 3 days of Christmas (24th, 25th, 26th), we ate 4 meals a day with snacks in between. Hmm...that's breakfast, brunch, lunch, lupper, supper, sinner, and dinner? Beautiful.

And there I was taking pictures of it all. Over the next 16 days (with breaks for weekends), I will be posting 16 entries of the splendour that is German cuisine.

Oh, and did I mention there was beer?
posted by kent at 7:10 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, you are making me really hungry! I haven't visited Germany yet (unless transiting at Frankfurt airport counts as one), but now I know another reason to put it higher on my priority list :)

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I was sat down at the table" ??? You've been hanging around Ryan (or other British people) for too long.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home