International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Rostbratl

Pork on the Grill

Finished Product
When I arrived at Johanna's parents' place, one of the first things I noticed was that a BBQ was sitting out on the balcony. My math skills then tookover...Germany has great food for bbq'ing and there is a bbq sitting outside, so (carry the 1) that means we should have a bbq. Johanna liked the idea so we decided on a date. She handled the task of marinating, while I would be responsible for the cooking.
BBQ'ing is one of my favourite activities. Luckily I had brought my galabaya with my from Egypt, so I could look like a true meat poet. I was surprised to learn that coals (just like in Egypt) were to be used for heat. This could only mean a true BBQ experience.
If you can't tell by the look of the finished product, the rostbratl was exceptional. It's basically just a piece of pork shoulder marinated and then grilled to perfection.
posted by kent at 8:07 AM

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are still waiting for a picture of you wearing a galabaya.

The food looks delich. This is a great blog.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" Johanna liked the idea so we decided on a date."

I'm choosing to interpret that as Johanna liked it so much, the two of you decided to go on a date...

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Kent. I'm so unimaginative that I can't visualize this garment.

And I'm sooo busy that I can't google-image-search it.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I just re-read my comment above. It should have read that the food looks delish.

Megan, I think that the key here is that we want to see Kent in a galabaya.

Wow, I just read the instructions above this comment box and I see we can put text in bold and even put live links in the comments.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to be having fun! In an earlier post you had written about raw minced beef for breakfast in Germany. I was recently in Tokyo and tasted Yukhoe which is a Korean version of the same, and is actually pretty good!

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home