International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Friday, April 13, 2007
Izakaya, A Japanese Style Pub
Being Chinese I thought I ate my fair share of animal organs but some things still surprise me. I guess that just shows how I've adapted to being Canadian. I went to a Japanese pub with some friends and we had some typical appetizers....Front: Chicken gizzard, Back right: Chicken heart, Back left: Something near the liver? Also had the liver at one point....and petal of the heart?

Chicken Cartiledge with fried noodles in the background.

Deep fried Rape Blossoms....not so weird except for the name.

Deep Fried Garlic...sure it's not as strong as fresh garlic, but it still tastes like garlic!

Something more normal, fried mochi (rice cake) with soy sauce. This is my favorite!

There was a lot more food that came as we finished dishes, but you get the idea.
posted by ~diana~ at 6:56 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Shantanu said...

Interesting :) Esp, the garlic!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

Yes, a very interesting post! Nice pics.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home