International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Thursday, May 03, 2007
Sushi
Last night was perhaps the pinnacle of my sushi eating prowess. Somehow, I managed to stuff 60+ pieces of the stuff into my stomach.

It was a grotesque, vile display of power eating on the part of all contestants: Tom, Megan, Khalid, Marwan, Dan, and myself. We went through some 14 plates of sushi (about 20 pieces per plate); Tom ordered the last one amidst a mouthful of wasabi when we clearly didn't need it.

Megan perhaps put in the best effort, clearing some 50 pieces.

Two things were made clear: 1. Cairo sushi isn't half-bad, and 2. Cairo sushi leaves you in a daze.

We stumbled out of the restaurant like we had just drank the sushi equivalent of sake. I was in a daze (and still am) and managed to hit my head on a sign while walking across the 6th of October bridge. How ridiculous.

The sushi also sucked the water right out of me. I spent the whole night waking up every 30 minutes to get a glass of water.
posted by kent at 3:29 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Shantanu said...

60+ pieces? Wow!!! And now you have a sushi-hangover :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Shantanu said...

Hey, what's up! Everyone on a sudden fast?

10:41 AM  
Blogger sugarsandsalts said...

I love sushi all aroud world places.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home