International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Saturday, July 07, 2007
Food from Norway
Hi International Blog of Food! I’m Renny from Oslo, Norway and have been invited into the team by Kent – how flattering! It will be an honor to contribute as I love to share our culture, traditions and habits – including food of course – from Norway and the Nordic countries. That’s actually what my own blog is all about: RennyBA’s Terella.

Let’s begin with something typical Norwegian – as we have a long coast line: Sea Food. I’ll start with an invitation to sit inn at our table:


The table is set at our vacation home in Sweden (who shares our sea food traditions) on this year the New Years Eve.

Here you’ll find shrimps boiled in fresh salted water (done buy the fisher man on board). I’m a master in peeling and we eat it like this:


Mayonnaise is a must (and is beneath the shrimps) and I crush some lemon for a fresh taste.

Then we have craw fish and crabs of course, eaten mostly the same way:



The top of the cream is of course lobster. As it is rather expensive, we only eat it on special occasions, but I assume you agree that The New Years Eve could be one of them!



With sea food we normally drink white vine, but some also beer. At New Years Eve you might even find champagne on the table in Scandinavia :-)

So this is my first contribution to this International Blog of Food. I hope you’ll like it and if so, you’ll get more of course. I’m eager to read your comments and please feel free to ask if there is something special you want to see and know about food traditions in Norway!

Until then, you might like to check my food posts on my own blog where you’ll also find all kinds of things from Norway and the Nordic countries.

Labels: ,

posted by RennyBA at 4:41 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Shantanu said...

Mouth-watering fare! Looks like I have to put Norway on my vacation plan soon...if not for the breath-taking views (esp in the northern parts of the country) then at least for the (sea) food!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Muriel said...

We hear very little about Scandanavian food, so you are definitely an excellent addition to the list of contributors.

Keep up the good work!

8:52 AM  
Blogger nicholas said...

Yum! That lobster looks so cute. We don't get a ton of nice seafood here in Toronto and you can't eat what comes out of the lakes. Mmmmm 3 eyed radioactive fish. No, they're not that bad but it made me think of The Simpsons

12:25 PM  
Blogger Maria Fischinger said...

I love sea food!
I also love your blog.
Maria

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home