International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Saturday, August 11, 2007
Canadian Road Trip Food
Back in June (sorry, Kent...better late than never!) my cousin and I decided to spend our summer vacation driving across part of Canada, from Winnipeg to Ottawa. Five gazillion trees later, I really needed a pit stop at Tim Hortons.

For those of you that aren't familiar, Tim Hortons is a Canadian donut shop. Famous for double-doubles (two cream, two sugar) coffees and fresh-baked donuts and pastries (that are now shipped in par-baked and frozen and reheated), the marketing team at TH is equally famous for tear-jerking commercials and a claim that you can drive across Canada stopping for sugary, fatty snacks every few hours.

Well, they LIED.

After we left Thunder Bay, Ontario, we drove for several hours- maybe a lifetime, but probably closer to 6, before we found our Mecca.

Thank god, because after all that time in the car, I was ready to leap out the window!

So here is photographic proof:

One honey-glazed Crueller and a frosty Iced Cap.

And also, as a special bonus? A shot of me running from a moose as a result of the Tim Hortons sugar high!

posted by Meg at 3:28 PM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for contacting you this way, I couldn’t find a email contact on your blog page.

My name is Zoe Davies and I'm an Account Executive for webitpr, an online news distribution company focusing primarily in the technology industries, but we also take an interest in food and drink.

I noticed that you write about International Food and was wondering if you'd like to receive any relevant news we handle in the future?

Everything we distribute is blogable so it's entirely up to you if you want to share it with your readers. In addition to distributing news via email, we also offer news via RSS feeds at http://www.webitpr.com/rss/feeds.asp.

I understand you will be very busy and will often be spammed with content that isn't relevant to your blog and its readers so I promise I won't flood your inbox.

If you have any questions about us at all, or the news we handle, please let me know. My email address is zoe@webitpr.com.

Thanks,
Zoe Davies

5:45 AM  
Blogger ventanavioleta.com said...

i write from chile , a city litle in the Maule , land of wine and artist i ma painter , grettings from chile very beautifull your blog

1:49 PM  
Blogger kent said...

Thanks for the kind words.

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home