International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Monday, August 27, 2007
First Night in Prague


I've been meaning to post Prague food pics for a long time. Now that I have some time, I'll show you the best the Czech Republic has to offer. First up, my first night. We had taken the train to the middle of nowhere and then settled down for my first pork meal in a long time.

The starter was a cabbage soup, not unlike borscht. Accompanying it was a pint of Pilsner. The main course was a rack of ribs. Mmm...

Only problem is that some part of this meal was categorically rejected by my digestive system.
posted by kent at 8:23 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked Czech kitchen very much when I was in Prague. I found out a lot of nice restaurants and cafes in Prague with excellent service and delicious dishes. I enjoyed very much.

4:58 AM  
Blogger K.M. Saint James said...

I'm simply not an international gourmet, but the beer looks great.
Ours just normally comes in a long-neck bottle.

I suppose our Tex-Mex would look strange to anyone not raised with it. It's rather hard to explain exactly what people stuff in an burrito!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Shantanu said...

The food looks delicious though!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

The soup certainly does look like the delicious cabbage borscht that is made by the Doukhobours here in Grand Forks. It has to be the world's greatest soup, especially when made by the ladies at the USCC Hall.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home