International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Thursday, September 13, 2007
Filet O' Fish



It was rather convenient that Safeway had a fresh 2.6kg salmon available for us. We were suprised that they even had one. There were no fish in the display case, but upon asking the lady behind the counter, we learned that they had a fish stowed in the fridge. It would be perfect for our little attempt at Canadian night.
As you can see from the pictures above, I had some fun fileting the fish. Thanks to the Turkish intern, Irem, for boning the fish. I don't think anyone encountered any bones.
I'll try to round up some pics of the feast. We had grilled potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, asparagus, garlic bread, and peppers. Plus I roasted some garlic, which I turned into a spread that went on the fresh bread from the oven. And, of course, the main event: two giant salmon filets. One maple syrup-glazed, the other balsamic vinegar and oregano.
The night finished off with some crepes and strawberries. Amber provided the crepes, while I whipped up a little flambe.
posted by kent at 10:22 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

I think we devoured everything before there was a chance to take pictures.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home