International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Friday, October 26, 2007
Smells good, looks…
This has to be one for the weird food category.

Just getting back from Uni, I walked into my flat to be greeted by a delicious smell coming from a covered pot simmering away in the kitchen. Such a situation isn’t rare now that there are two Chinese girls in the flat, who cook from scratch nearly every day.

But intrigued by what smelt so good, I decided to take a peek into the pot.

There were about 20 ducks feet being boiled up with a mix of spices.

Apparently it’ll make a nice soup after 24 hours of simmering, and the feet won’t be recognisable.
posted by ryan101 at 5:48 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Muriel said...

I have occasionally seen chicken's feet for sale in our grocery stores. I always wondered what was done with them. Did you taste the soup?

10:09 AM  
Blogger ryan101 said...

Alas no. I was told it ended up quite oily and a bit like a jelly though.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home