International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Thursday, October 04, 2007
When in Bosnia, Eat This!


I think Blanka made a post to this effect a long, long time ago, but they look so good that I think they should be posted again. I don't know what that white stuff is or what's inside...maybe Blanka could hazard a guess?
These photos are compliments of my friend, Emily, who lives in Prague, but took a short trip to Bosnia. Hopefully she'll be on the food blog soon.
posted by kent at 4:38 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

The inside was just cheese, meat and "stuff"

The white stuff is sour cream...

PS These pictures are from Bosnia not Croatia :)

7:12 AM  
Blogger Blanka said...

Emily I didn't know you went to Bosna! The food is called Pita and depending on the stuff inside it can be called differently. Meat=Burek, Cheese=Sirilica. And yes the stuff on top is in fact sour cream but I think they call it kajmak because it is not as thick as sour cream.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home