International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Saturday, November 17, 2007
Dutch Gourmet
Last weekend a Dutch friend of ours invited us over to her place for "gourmeting" as she called it. I had no clue what this meant but figured that since food was included, I would most likely enjoy.

Dutch gourmet reminded me a little bit of fondue in the sense that there are small pieces of meat, veggie and other food that you cook individually on the spot. However with gourmet, this means grilling the food on top of an electric pan. Linda, the Dutchie, did all of the prep work before we arrived and had a variety of food ready for us to grill; marinated fish, chicken, beef, meat balls, small hamburgers, chopped vegetables, and cheese. The grill that she had was manufactured by Tefal and had small containers that you could place under the grill to melt cheese or steam vegetables.


We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the food was delicious. I think every household in a country where winter dips below -10* should have one of these. Its a great interactive meal!
posted by Blanka at 9:28 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Muriel said...

This reminded me of a very enjoyable meal I had at a relative's place. They called it Raclette. I had been interested in buying one at the time, but the price seemed rather high for what it was. So I checked now and they are about half what they were 5 or 6 yrs ago. Hmm...

9:44 AM  
Blogger Blanka said...

That's exactly what it is. You can get them from Tefal website in Canada for like $60. It's first on my list when I get back!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Muriel said...

$60? Wow, I saw $99 yesterday. This is definitely becoming more likely. Thanks.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the way you put your blog it is really nice and i have one on twebster@hotmail.com even my mom likes it.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home