International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Roast Wild Boar

What are the chances that you'd be walking down a side street in London only to come across a Polish-Mexican restaurant that used to be a Latvian-Mongolian place which boasted Roast Wild Boar as a special? I'll let the good people over at NASA calculate that.

If only the British knew about side dishes, or perhaps the blandness of them made the boar that much better. Let me tell you, people, the boar was magnificent. It was as tender as stewed beef, but with a slight pork flavour. It literally fell apart when I touched it with my dull knife.

The odd thing about this place (disregarding the fact that it was Polish and Mexican) was that it incorporated microwaves, five of them, for all of the heating up. My guess is that all the food is prepared somewhere else and the zapped right before serving. Interesting idea, but I can guarantee you Chef Ramsey would be all over this place like white on rice if he found out what was going on.
posted by kent at 7:34 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger ryan101 said...

Kent, You're generalising anti-Brtish comment was a bit uncalled-for.
You're racist.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

OMG! I know that restaurant - Shepard's Market!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home