International Blog of Food

Glorious Cuisine From Around the World

Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Too Bad it Was Closed

Any time someone tries to make sweet capitalistic profits off the Soviet stereotype, I am all for it. Take this restaurant in Riga for example. I stumbled upon it while searching for a place to eat before my flight. Unfortunately, according to the yellow sign, a private function was being held.

I went inside anyway to check it out. It was brilliant. The scent of bland food resonated throughout the bunker-like eating hall. Actually, it was more like a WWII cabaret that you see in movies. As you can see by the sign, the food is pretty cheap for downtown Riga (One Latvian Lat is about Two Canadian Dollars).

I'll be back in Riga on the 17th. This is definitely a place I'll try to get to.
posted by kent at 5:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home